Monday, November 16, 2015

Off Track (again) :: Week One

There is a lot going on in our house.  And, as usual, off-trackedness has fairly rotten timing.  The November off-track is 4 weeks.  It's too cold to be outside, and too close to Christmas to spend all my money at museums and out to lunch.  So, we are left to our own devices to figure out how to occupy 20 weekdays.

It's fun to have the boys around, but it's hard.  You parents who have your kids home all summer can feel my pain, right?  I have a lot going on, and need time during the day to get some quality sewing time in.  The boys want to DO and GO and my children have always struggled finding things to do in their own home full of stuff.

Last week was our first full week off.  I won't lie, Monday and Tuesday were tough, but we finally started to get into a bit of a groove, faster than we normally would, and for that I am grateful.  I think part of it is that Elliott still has to get up and get dressed to go to band practice Tuesday - Friday.  That helps get part of the house rolling.  It's those days where at 11 am, no but me is dressed or has peeled their warm bodies off of a couch that are a little tougher to fight our way through.

The big boys played with friends.  Elliott tried, and mostly on his own, baked cookies.  I introduced the boys to "Jumangi" on Netflix and it both terrified and intrigued them and they (all three) didn't move a muscle the entire movie.  We went on our yearly trip to the aquarium.  We attended our second University of Utah basketball game.  We lunched at Costco and went to Lowes to buy a new Nest thermostat when ours bit the dust.

Pretty successful week, right?


Remember jumangi?  We're watching it.  They are rivited.

When I was 8 years old, I became the official baker of my family. I did it all myself and never looked back.  I told this to my 8 year old.  He did a good job, but judging by the sugar on the floor and the flour splattered on my shirt, he still needs an a

2015-11-16_02-43-36

2015-11-16_02-43-52

2015-11-16_02-44-12

2015-11-16_02-44-02

2015-11-16_02-44-26

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails