Monday, November 23, 2015

Off Track (again) :: Week Two

Well, another week off track is finished.  That's two down, two to go.

Last week, I felt like I was under an enormous amount of pressure.  I've got some big deadlines looming for a holiday market next week.  I felt foolish because I dropped out of a second December market and lost my entrance money because of it - but I just couldn't do two shows back to back.  We've also had trouble with our season basketball tickets, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming, and my kids just want to go to lunch every day.  Now, by no means am I opposed to lunch every day, if there were, of course, options other than McDonald's and Little Cesar's.

But, we survived the second week, spending a lot of time at home, but hopefully doing a few fun things, too.

The boys spent a lot of time playing with friends.  Mine craft with Owen and Lego's with Jake (from state farm).  Our "classic" movie for the week was "Home Alone."  They thought it was funny  That movie is really dumb, and it takes a LONG time to build up to the last 20 minutes, but listening to Wyatt laugh those last twenty minutes was pretty priceless.  What is it about boys and nuttal injuries?  I don't get why they laugh.

We went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  We hadn't been since February and it was pretty empty which was even better.  The boys had plenty of time to explore and play with things that they don't always have the opportunity because it's usually so crowded when we are there.  And of course, we stopped for fries and cokes on the way home.

Elliott still has band practice when he's off track so it's been good to get him out of bed every morning as he's generally been the couch potato of the three.  But, Wyatt has willingly filled that role and hasn't been getting dressed until around 10:30 every day, driving me nuts.  So, we've been trying to get up and dressed and out of the house the last few days, even Saturday or we will never be to school on time when it's time to go back.

We also helped grandpa with some kitchen projects and on Saturday night, we watched "Jurassic World".  Though many more people were eaten than Ross said would be, it was actually pretty entertaining, fast paced and not scary.  A little violent, but also quite campy.  Nothing like the original which still makes me jump a little.  I guess though, since they made it through this movie unscathed, maybe it's time to introduce them to the other three?

Or, maybe not.


Today's movie is home alone.  Riveted again .  I can't be live this movie is 25 years old.

I had a meltdown this morning.  I cried at my husband when he made his morning phone call to check in.  Probably not what he anticipated. I felt like I was suffocating and the entire world was collapsing on me.  But I love these kids, and I love to watch

Today we are helping grandpa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails