Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My First Anniversary

Happy Anniversary Howden Family Blog! Today, the blog is officially one year old. In retrospect, it has been an interesting year, you can go back and read about it if you'd like. I have really come to enjoy blogging, however bland and boring my blog may be. To celebrate, here are some of my favorite posts in no particluar order with no apparent reasoning behind the choices:

After reading through most of my postings over the last year, I realized that I didn't say too much that was exciting or interesting. But, I have had a great time writing on the old blog and like to think of it as a piece of history. I am creating something that, if I keep it up and properly save it (which I have been thinking a lot about lately), will sort of be a little memento of my life for others to read and contemplate.

As part of my reflective process, I'd like to list all that I have accomplished over the last year......or not. Here are a few highlights however:

  • Ross and I traveled to Washington DC, AZ a couple of times as well as making it a Southern California adventure all summer with three trips to the state. These trips were no Europe, but we still had a great time.
  • I've had more doctors visits in the last year than in my entire life...even when I was a little kid and a total puker.
  • Some good photographs have passed through the lens of my camera and some decent books have connected with my eyes and my brain.
  • I've been observant of all the odd ball stuff around me from signs to spider webs, to voles living under my front walk.
  • My family still likes me.
  • This week I added Ross as an author to the blog, even though I'm not too sure how I feel about that yet. It could be good...or he could be like The Brain and turn me into Pinky and try to take over the world.
  • Perhaps most importantly, but by no means least (and I can't even beleive that I am going to put it on the blog or that I am opening myself up to discussion), my most interesting accomplishment of the year is (if it is an accomplishment), the fact that I am going to have a baby! If you didn't know...don't feel bad, almost no one knows. If you do know, don't feel lucky, it just means I couldn't keep it a secret any longer and the circumstances required that I tell you. If you have questions, ask Ross. :)

So, happy anniversary blog. May the next year of entries be just as mediocre and lack luster as the first.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails