Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Willie was right!


I've known since the end of May about the whole baby thing, within about 2 weeks of it happening. I guess you can say I'm one of those girls that is "in tune" with what is going on. Since that time, life has been somewhat of a roller coaster with the diabetes diagnosis, switching doctors, and blood pressuer medication. Throw in a busy work and life schedule, and I'm happy I've made it this far alive and fairly awake.

Now that I have opened myself up to discussion, and am officially at the 5th month today, I figured (largely at the prompting of Jared) that I ought to blog a little bit about the impending bundle. I'm really not comfortable with questions, especially personal and prying ones, so hopefully anyone who is interested can get enough information from this entry. I don't plan to turn the blog into "baby watch 2006", but I'll at least do this one post.

Today was my second ultrasound, and because I am "high risk" I'll have one every 4 weeks until the big arrival, but this one was the big one! The ultrasound where they make sure everything is working, in the right place, and tell us gender if we want to know (we wanted to know!). I even had it done in the office of a pediatric neonatologist because of the health issues involved. Anyway, we discovered a few things.
  • One, the kid is tall (go figure) and the technician even remarked at the long arms and legs.
  • No spinal bifida (I was worried about this one), no cleft-pallete and no visible health problems at all. Good heart and lungs which can largely rule out Down Syndrome (something else I was worried about.)
  • Bladder was full of fluid (takes after Ross already)
  • The little fart is a wiggly sucker and wouldn't even hold still to get a good picutre for measurements, etc. and kept it's hands over it's face almost the entire time.
  • Everything measured out good in the size department and they estimate that right now, it weights 14 oz. That's almost a whole pound.

Oh yeah, and IT is a BOY! That one blew my mind. I had convinced myself that it was a girl, was ready for cutesy girl things, and had even started mulling over a few girl names in my head throughout the last week or so. Now, throw all that out the window. The only one who knew for sure it was a boy was Willie. The kid progressed from Alien to Squirt, and most recently, to Gary (SpongeBob Squarepants pet snail that meows like a kitten).

Willie was convinced it was a boy even though all of us were thinking girl, largely because he thinks girls are dumb and he didn't want to be an aunt. Well, he's an official uncle as of 2:30 this afternoon.

In case you are interested, here are some pictures and by the way, if you see my dad or talk to him, "IT" is still an "IT" because he doesn't want to know "IT" is a boy.

baby profile 906
The Profile Shot

baby face 906
A little creepy, but they claim this is a face

baby feet 906
Little Itty Bitty Baby Feet (bad scan, sorry)

baby bits and pieces 906
Self Explanatory (This one made Ross rather proud)

If you've any thoughts on names (like I said, Gary is all we've got so far) then Ross and I are more than happy to hear suggestions. Submit them to the blog, please!

3 comments:

Lindsey Montague said...

CONGRATS! Now you have to stay here for a while because between the few of us, we could possibly repopulate our block with normal, nice little boys.

.::still blinking::. said...

Wouldn't it be funny if your baby came out looking like Tom Cruise. Short, with to much hair, and a wicked laugh.

Annie said...

no, that wouldn't be funny at all! Yikes! Not Tom Cruise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails