Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thoughts

I love to read Real Simple magazine. Every month, there is an "inspirational thought" that is printed on the pages of the magazine and is in a tear out section at the end of the issue. I usually tear the quotes out and stick them in my wallet. This one though, I might stick on my mirror.
There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich
--Marlene Dietrich
My mom has always told me that her family (and her faith) makes her rich. Being her daughter I have always appreciated that sentiment and now that I am a mom, I completely understand what she means. In the last few weeks, I've been deeply contemplating not only my role in the world at large but my role in the workplace vs. my role in the home. I never thought it would be so hard for me to decide what is best for me and my family. It seems that I always had one idea in my head, of how my life would and should be and what I would do with each passing day and that idea has recently done an about face as I've spent my time carrying around and hanging out with a monkey named Elliott.
As I am in the process of making my decisions about work, life, and family, I want to know what the rest of you think. What makes YOU rich?


landscaping10-14024

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Money is necessary for survival but how much you have of it is only relative to your wants and not your needs.

Women today can expect to work 30 plus years in the world of work but have on average fewer than 20 years of rearing each child.

If you are 28, have worked five years or more, you have many work years ahead. But, believe me it is not work and money that makes one rich.

Anonymous said...

I say if you have the choice to stay home with you little ones do it. They grow so fast. Money does not make you rich but the love of family and your faith is what makes you rich.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails