Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Ross and I don't celebrate V-day. Yes, add that to my list of anti-holiday-ness (especially made up completely commercial holidays). I don't require him to get me a gift of jewelry or chocolate and I don't give him a tie or a cute teddy bear in return. I guess that we figure we LOVE each other enough that we don't have to buy something stupid to express those feelings. Right, Ross?

Even though we don't celebrate being struck by Cupid's arrow a little over 5 years ago, we will let Elliott express his feelings on this oh so frivolous and ridiculous day. A couple of weeks ago, Grandma Judy, on a shopping excursion, bought Elliott something special to wear today. He's wearing it and wanted to wish you all a happy fake holiday.

4 comments:

Lindsey Montague said...

This my least favorite holiday, especially to waste time on with my class. Today Dan is snowboarding and Josh and I will run errands. Yep, we're showing the love...

Michele said...

I'm relieved to realize that we're not the only couple who doesn't celebrate V-day. We are planning a dinner and movie on Friday...which is out normal date night when we normally go for dinner and a movie.

Unknown said...

Wait, Annie - you don't like to celebrate holidays?

Bing Math said...

Bah Humbug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails