Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cleaning out my e-mail

I was cleaning out my yahoo account this morning and came across this e-mail from a former student, from a couple of years ago. I really liked this kid. Very troubled, bi-polar, but brilliant. I tried really hard to take care of him, as much as a history teacher can take care of a kid. After he graduated from high school, he got in trouble and was sent to prison for 18 months. One of the first things he did after getting out was to come and visit me at good ole' Hunter High. He came just 2 weeks or so before I quit, but I gave him my e-mail address in case he ever needed anything. I had such a strong desire to help this kid that, I'd have let him live in my house, even though I'm pretty sure he'd probably steal stuff from me.

I haven't heard from him since, but I still think about the kid every once and a while and hope he's okay. I thought this e-mail was really nice.

Hello Mrs. Howden

This is Jessy, just sending u an email to let u know my email address, I was so glad to see u finally. Congratulations on your new husband. I hope you guys are happy. I am new at this email stuff. So I really dont know what to say. I am going to do something with my life. I am glad to have had u as a teacher, You taught me alot and i really was excited about coming to your class. Are you still doing current events? those were very intresting to me. You have a very unique way of teaching, i never thought i would be excited about going to history class, but you sure do make it worth going, considering i sluffed most of my other classes. Dont think i forgot that twenty bucks u gave me for christmas. I really appreciated that, you are a very good person, i hope your husband treats you right. Duh, if he didnt you wouldnt have chose him. Anyway I just want you to know that you are a very good teacher, and you have an outstanding personality. I hope one day i can find someone like you to spend the rest of my life with. I probably wont thats a one in a million chance. And know I am not hitting on you I am just being honest i have had a crush on you since 11 grade. I hope that dont weird you out. I'm sorry if it does. Well with that said i hope you dont forget about me, it was just a crush. Well Ann have a swell day.

Your favorite student (i wish)
Jessy

1 comment:

Michele said...

I would love to know if you responded to that email! It's nice to be appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails