Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's just a small obsession, really

Last night at book club, Heather mentioned that she doesn't have any hobbies, at least none that involve her baby at this point in her life. Many of us spent the night suggesting hobbies, but I'm not sure any of them stuck. Occasionally, when I think about how I spend my time during the day, I realize that I am pretty lucky because for the most part, I spend my days doing things I like to do and want to do. As this SAM life continues for me, I'm finding a greater need to remind myself of all my hobbies and interests to keep from getting dull and boring.

Here is a short list of things i like to do, in no particular order:
eat
sleep
be merry (ha, ha)
play with my baby
knitting hats
shower and be clean
go for drives in the mountains, esp. when the leaves are turning colors
photography
taking pictures of my baby
reading
going to book club
knitting hats
baking tasty treats and reinventing cake mixes into cookies
cook (I can't say that I really enjoy cooking, but it's a nice diversion during the day)
mowing the lawn
mopping floors with my swiffer
learning new things
designing online classes
painting walls
working part-time (it generally gives me enough real world w/o reminding me why I dislike but want to be part of the real world)
traveling
knitting hats

Oh, did I mention knitting hats? Um, it's all my sister's fault, but I am now obsessed with knitting hats AND making Elliott model them for me. In two weeks, I've made 5 hats of various size and length. I'll definitely knit until I run out of the yarn I've got and then, who knows. But, it's become a nice, relaxing pastime for me. Something about winding yarn around a little loom and having an actual usable product at the end of a couple of hours of mind numbing work is very enjoyable to me.

Now my model? Well, he's a little too "Zoolander" for my tastes right now but we're working on it. As you view our body of work you'll notice the kids only got one pose but boy oh boy, can he work it!


5 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

You forgot picking zits.

Harried Mom said...

ROFL, that was quite the meeting last night. I don't know about you guys but did I ever have a blast. As to my hobbies, like you Annie I could go on and on. My problem with my hobbies is I'll start a new project then decide that a different one would be more exciting and then I'll start something else. I have what seems to be a bizillion projects to finish!!! P.S. I know of some great organizations that will take any overflow hats you come up with!
Tiff

Anonymous said...

I love the hats - Elliott is quite the male model! I think Lucy needs a hat. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh - anonymous is me, Codi. I still haven't finished setting up my blogger.

Anonymous said...

He loves the camera! He knows exactly what to do.
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails