Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sharing Two Years of Love...

Today, is the blogs 2nd anniversary. Well, maybe it's more like a birthday, than an anniversary. I really like blogging. I like that a lot of my family blogs. I like reading blogs and writing on other blogs, besides this one. To commemorate the end of another good year of blogging, here is some randomness...for your entertainment.

Random 1: He chokes like the Jayhawks
Everyone who has ever filled out a couple NCAA basketball brackets knows a simple rule. Never pick the Kansas Jayhawks to win it all. Yes, they put up a good fight during the season, and yes they always enter the tournament with a #1 or #2 ranking and yes, they'll probably make it to the final four. However, when it comes time to put their money on the table and show what they are made of...they choke. They just never pull it out in the end, when it really counts. Ross' dungeons and dragons...oops, I mean Fantasy Baseball hopes were crushed over the weekend. He was in first place nearly the entire season...that's almost 6 months of driving me crazy people, and had a 1st round playoff bye. He started his first week of playoffs in the lead, crushing his opponent. Then the weekend happened. His players started sucking and striking out and by Sunday night, saying Ross was distraught and just a little angry was an understatement. He lost! He doesn't get to be number one. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. (Thanks for that line, Jared.)

Random 2: A knitting we will go
Haley had SUPER SATURDAY! last week and quickly developed what I think will be a mild obsession for the two of us. She started knitting stocking caps. Though she got off to a rough start, as you can see by looking at her blog post (click HERE), she's going blue blazes now. Not wanting to be left out of the action, I went to the "hobby lobby" on Monday night and purchased my own stocking cap loom. Last night, in just over 2 hours, I knitted my first of what will be many caps.

the hat I knitted
Haley and I think that in all our cap making, we'll give them to the Humanitarian Center. Or, I suppose you can place your order now, and we'll have them ready by Christmas. I already know what I'm giving everyone in the family, and the neighborhood, and at work. Get ready! Your cap is coming. But, I've got to head back to the craft store for more yarn. Any color requests?

Random 3: Do you have your FBP?
Last night, after Elliott went to bed Ross decided it was time to clean the bathrooms. You see, I am often times (well, most of the time) a very superficial cleaner. Windex fixes and disinfects everything, right? Well we haven't used the shower or bathtub in our master bathroom for over a year (long story, want to avoid) and thus, haven't cleaned the tub or shower in, well, never mind. As Ross prepared to tackle it last night, I asked him if he had his FBP, just in case. "My What?" he asked me. "Your FLEA BAG PROTECTION", I offered back, just in case the bathroom is worse than anticipated. This got me rolling on some of the yucky children of my elementary school years. The booger eaters, lice carriers, and generally crusty children I went to school with. Now as an adult, I feel sorry for those kids and the lives they must have led to come to school so yucky all the time. I taught a lot of those kids in high school and tried to be nice. However, there are still vivid memories floating through my mind of the Stephenson twins, one of which pooped his pants during 5th grade math class (yes, 5th grade!) and of Todd (last name has been changed) Smith, who EVERY SINGLE DAY from Kindergarten through 6th grade peed his pants, at his desk, right after lunch recess. How do I know this? He was always in my class, and I was generally lucky enough to be assigned to sit in his general pee area.

Random 4: Elliott is cute



I told you that was random! Have a great day.

2 comments:

Harried Mom said...

Annie I've got some yarn your more than welcome to come over and pick through. I also like knitting but I've never knitted using a loom.

Tiff

Michele said...

Happy birthday to your blog! It's always great to read your random thoughts and see the cute baby pictures. May your blog have many more happy years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails