Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Because it's my blog

hello friends. I haven't posted in a while. Not much to say. I just wanted to share a few things with you, because I can.

First, a month or so ago, I got some literature from an organization called the "nature conservancy" in the mail. heard of them? Yeah, me, too.
2008-04-02_1919
The theme of the literature was solicitation with the animal of choice being an or-an-gu-tan. We like monkeys and apes in our house so I was intrigued. For just $15 I would get a membership and a free gift. Yes a free, $15 dollar gift. The gift was a plush or-an-gu-tan and I was sold. You see, my monkey loves monkeys (and apes) so I was psyched.

Well a few weeks ago I got my official membership gear but no plush FREE gift. I was bummed - it appeared that a sucker I was.

Last Saturday though, as I ventured to get the mail, what to my surprise but a gift from the organization itself - in a tube. It was my orange ape. It looks nothing like an ape. Its so hideously non-ape like in its features and characteristics that I dare not share an image of it with you. Shouldn't an organization that tries to protect wildlife at least offer a realistic impression of that wildlife in it's free gifts? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Second, I have an addiction. No, not that! My addiction is Walgreen's. I love that store as much as I love breathing. I broke myself of the habit and haven't been for a long time. That pleased Ross because a visit to Walgreen's for me is like a visit to Costco for the rest of you - you go in needing one thing and you walk out having spent an embarassing amount of money. I went to Walgreen's last week to pick up some prints and it just so happens that I had time to spare, and Elliott was happy, and we did need to walk up and down every aisle...in the end I spent $60 on absolute treasures. One of which was this:
ped egg
Can I just say this thing is awesome! My feet have never been better. I might use it on Ross when he's asleep to try and get rid of some of his scales. If you want to borrow it, you betcha! One suggestion - don't "ped egg" your feet in bed. That's kind of gross.

Third - though I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit it (thanks Ann for already mentioning it on your blog), I'm not ashamed. I signed up for their e-mails months ago and have been waiting with baited breath for their return. I've checked the website a few times. I'll DVR their performance this Friday on the Today show. I still know their names, I watched the surreal life and Band of Brothers because of them. And the secret spot in my heart that I have saved (along with my t-shirt from their concert the weekend before I started 7th grade that I have never ever worn just in case it could be used for the antique roadshow by my grandchildren) from being 12 years old and in love with my first (and only) boy band is ready and rearin' to go. Need I say more?
NKOTB

Oh, Jordan Knight...where have you been all my life?


American Idol, eat your heart out!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ok we did that nature conservancy thing i think...something like it. i think nate actually did it. the girl came back the next year too...it was weird. i think she just likes nate. maybe it was a local colorado deal but it was werid. anyhooo....

ped egg huh? saw one in Sally's....not sure how i feel about it. i have a dr scholl's foot scrub thing with three kinds of surfaces and i am liking that one a lot.....

and NKOTB...seriously where did the last 20 years go??? if only i could be young again and have the worries of a 10 year old..........ahhhhh dodgeball & such....

but seriously any guy that can sing as high as jordan knight is a little scary.....well actually except adam levine from maroon 5......he's super cute....so maybe there isn't anything to that high voice thing....ok so nevermind. strike that last comment about JK & the high voice thing....he is ok.............well as long as he does't still have that "cholo" braid down his back. WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT ANYWAY??

Unknown said...

YES IT'S 12:06 AM.....I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST WROTE ALL THAT.

Bing Math said...

Oh dear sister! You are a strange one. All I remember is having to listen to your casette tapes at night. EVERY NIGHT! They'd put you to sleep dreaming of Jordan, while I had to lay there wondering if the tape would ever end. - Haley

Codi said...

Annie -
You've got the right stuff!

p.s. I'm so going if they come to SL!

Jodi said...

Oh I loved your post. I have wondered about the pedegg. I think I will need to go get one. I love my feet soft. I have a sloughing cream I will get you that works amazing too. And I love New Kids on the Block!!! Whenever a song comes up while I am shuffling I sing along, well depending on who is in my car!

japetersen said...

All I remember about the NKOTB concert is a bad headache --
Mom

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I will so be there if they come to Salt Lake! And if they don't -- I may just do a road trip to Las Vegas. Love love LOVE them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails