Monday, April 07, 2008

Dennis the Menace

How does Murphy's Law for toddlers go? When the kid discovers that he can be destructive, he goes for it all in the same day? First of all, look at that face. Not my face, Elliott's. If that isn't the look of a cherubic tornado, I don't know what is.

that loo

Maybe it was because of the weather(rain, snow, sun, snow, rain, blizzard, sunshine), or the goofy toofy that's working it's way through, or because he discovered emotions and feelings in the last few days, but today was a bit trying. For lack of any other possible explanation, today was a bi-polar day - highs and lows to challenge the strongest medication - and the moderately patient mum.

Want evidence? Here you go.
1. In a matter of seconds, from the time it took to walk from the hamper to the washing machine, Elliott had the bathroom door open and toilet paper pulled from the roll all the way around the corner and almost to his room. I guess I should be impressed he didn't tear it off?
I think that you have some stuck to your shoe
2. Elliott has a thing for the straw drawer and lucky for us, dad filled it up. Sweet. Now all the straws after being picked up 3 times today are covered in dust and whatever else lives on the kitchen floor.
STRAWS!
3. We went outside to get the mail. It started SNOWING on us. Elliott wouldn't turn around and walk home. I was freezing. I finally picked him up and drug him kicking and screaming. After setting him down hoping the screaming would stop, he dropped to his knees and crawled home - yelling at me. Ripped his pants up good, too.

4. Threw everything he could get his hands on into the dryer when I wasn't looking and when I was.

5. Blew his nose into: my pants, his shirt, the towels, the shower curtain, his socks, my clean sheets, his hand.

6. At the grocery store turned all the way around in the little seat and starting throwing our items around the cart and out of the cart. I told him to stop as nicely as a mom in public tells her child to stop doing something and...he screamed at me...loudly!

7. Fell into the coffee table and barely escaped gouging his eye out on the corner.

8. Parked his riding Tonka truck on his foot.

9. Got stuck between the bed and my nightstand. Screamed!

10. Pooped twice and almost got to the contents in his diaper before I had a chance to whisk it away. While getting cleaned up, ate baby powder.

Arg! What a day. Welcome to the parent - hood, right?
cheeky
At least today, he didn't bite me.

Anyone want to be our Mr. Wilson?

7 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

This is so cute! I mean, to an outsider. :) I love the pictures of him with the straws. I've been meaning to do a post like this with Mason -- but I have to say, Elliot is a lot more adventurous than Mase is! You definitely have a tornado on your hands!

japetersen said...

Yes!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud - several times! - Haley

Harried Mom said...

That last picture is a gem. I should say here as well that at least he isn't a twin...double the trouble! Oh how I can truly relate!

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I laughed out loud. The last picture is priceless!!!!! Cindy

Unknown said...

oh yes.....avery LOVES toilet paper. really any paper. anything she can eat, shred, and just generally make a mess with....but he's a boy. so that just comes with the territory. trust me. it never ends. he could still make a mess if you walked around behind him picking up after him all day & night. truuuuuuuust me.

Lisa said...

Crying and Laughing with you all the way!!!! Watch out for those quiet moments I tell ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails