Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Blame it on the Rain? Or Hormones?

In the last few years, whenever I've complained about something out of my normal realm, Ross blames it on my hormones. It's his standard explanation for all the world has to offer. Hormones.

Regardless, that's probably the excuse, or reasoning for the 4 day headache I've got going on, the back ache, the neck pain, the sleepless nights, the mild nausea and the excessive exhaustion (how was that for a bit of alliteration?). Who wants to sleep from Midnight to 4 am anyway? Not me I guess.

Oh yeah - and the CONSTANT kicking from the inside out. It feels like a certain little "squirt" is doing the butterfly on my kidneys. I get kicked so hard it makes my legs twitch. Super fun and a bit embarrassing.

It's probably true that the little squirt is wreaking some havoc on my system and ability to concentrate. That being said, this time around I've noticed a few differences. I'm already hoping that boy #2 is a little bit more mellow than boy #1. I need a chill kid in my life because both of the boys/men that reside in my household currently are not "chill". Except when there is a football game/robin hood or peter pan on the tv. Then they are too chill but that's another story.

Want to know what I really want to do these days, in addition to sleep a lot. Vacuum and eat Cheetos and drink real cokes (stupid diabetes sort of puts a damper on the last two). I developed a strange hankerin' for cheetos with the Monkey and it's never subsided - only gotten a bit more dramatic in the last few weeks. In a normal world - I'd shy away from them as fast as possible but right now, I could live off of them. Oh and Little Caesar's pizza. I could eat that every day, too. Know what I don't want to eat? Cafe Rio ever again. We tried it the other night and I woke up yesterday morning sick. That place (unfortunately)is now DEAD TO ME!

I've also taken to letting my little boy drink a coke now and then. Yell at me, I don't care, but when he isn't feeling well and comes up to me so sweetly, hugs my legs and says, "Mama, garage, Coke (click") I cannot help but get him one. We split it. I shouldn't, but I do. Oh how a few swallows taste so good. A super doctored up DC is okay, too but it's just not the same. Do you realize that in the last almost three years I have only had a real coke like, um, 5 times and those have been in an emergency situation where I needed the sugar STAT!

We got a new Dyson vacuum over christmas. It's called the Armada and with the help of some Christmas money and gift cards, it cost us almost nothing so we went for it. I love it. I want to sleep next to this vacuum at night (not really, but do you sense my new found sense of devotion?). Now don't get me wrong - I despise cleaning. I generally don't do it except superficially and make Ross clean the bathrooms and toilets because it grosses me out. BUT, in the last few weeks, especially since we got this new purple dynamo last week, I am a vacuuming nut. Some place in my house gets vacuumed every day. Right now there is just something about NEEDING to see the lines in my carpet that is calming to me. It settles my nerves a bit. It soothes me. I'll do it in the morning and by mid afternoon, the boy has eliminated most of my lines, but I know that they are still there, underfoot, until the next morning when i start all over again.

I'm also obsessed with smells, much more than usual. Ham from the grocery store deli makes me gag and Ross had a different smell a few weeks ago that was so odd I ended up sniffing him and his clothes and yes he let me. I finally, as gross as it was, pinpointed the new smell - a different scent of deodorant and felt much better about things.

Now that was a fun read, wasn't it?

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

You're weird. (click).

Anonymous said...

DITTO BING MATH

LeeAnn said...

I also love my Purple Dyson, in fact when we first got it everyone loved to vacume.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails