Sunday, January 04, 2009

Our first game of the season

We obviously didn't make it to the Sugar Bowl on Friday night. It's okay. I've been to New Orleans. I don't need to go back. It was however, a splendid sight to see "MY TEAM" (as Ross always calls them) ring the bell of the crimson tide...even if their all white uniforms left a lot to be desired.

waiting for the game to start - and the fans to arrive

We did however, get to the Utah vs. Wyoming basketball game yesterday, 45 minutes early. I was certain that the tickets said that the game started at 1:30 so we arrived at 1:15. It started at 2:00. Duh! The game was not nearly as exciting or as importantas Friday nights bowl game, but it filled a huge void for me. The season of course started in November and we finally got to our first game. Oh how I love basketball. It's just one of the best things in the world.

Elliott had a great time - luckily my dad, willie, haley and james were all there to help entertain...but, even if they weren't I think it would have been fun. The Monkey ate almost an entire soft pretzel - one of those giant concession stand kind (and he licked off all the salt before he actually ate any of it...my kind of kid) and drank most of my diet coke, most of willie's sprite, and hit up every other cup claimed by someone in the family, too.

the soft pretzel.

It was a good day. We've got tickets for a few more games this season - and I made Ross promise me that in another year or so, my early christmas present for the rest of my life will be season tickets for my runnin' utes. Oh, how exciting.

1 comment:

Michele said...

GO Utes! I think I will have to start following their basketball team to fill the void of football season ending. How great it must be to have "your team" doing better than "his team" :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails