Friday, January 30, 2009

The only thing I really don't like about living in Utah

I love my state, my home, my community...

My family is all close by and I get to see them often.

I LOVE having 4 seasons and appreciate each for the beauty that it brings to the world.

However, living in good ole' UT does have it's drawbacks, and believe it or not, the only true drawbacks for me have to do with where I want to spend my money. Recession? Sure, that's what everyone is saying but I occasionally have some sweet moola to burn and don't have the opportunity to burn it where I really want on stuff I really want.

For example?

I asked my very savvy always gorgeous put together cousin Jodi where I could find some good make-up to hide my ever darkening eye circles and that old bag lady look that I'm sporting these days. She gave me some great suggestions and I started doing some research. After a morning of surfing and comparing prices and products I settled on a few that would really help me out.

Guess what - there is a store in my state - 15 minutes from home that is supposed to sell the products I settled on. In fact, there are two - one at the mall and one a stand alone. I was so excited. After bath time for the boy, and getting real clothes on both of us and make-up where applicable, we went to the stand alone - I wandered around aimlessly carrying my monkey who decided his legs were broken. Couldn't find what I wanted and finally asked for help. Was told that this particular store location doesn't carry that brand - and just because they sell it online doesn't mean they carry it in store!

CRAP!

I was mad.

I had an actual $100 bill burning a hole in my pocket and I couldn't use it.

I got home and checked the department store's website because it has a "location finder." Same deal - they sell the stuff I wanted online, but not in store.

UG and EGAD!

Why is some stuff so hard? All I want is a fancy concealer and stuff to try and hide the I haven't slept in a year look. Is that too much to ask?

Story of my life - it seems that all the things I need, want, or think I need or want cannot be purchased in my home state. I have to buy the stuff when I travel or online, which most of the time is fine. But come-on, I don't want to have to wait a million years FOR EVERYTHING.

Oh well, I ordered what I wanted online and maybe it will come in the next week or so. I'm sure I'll be even more desperate by then.

I thought though, that I'd share with you my wish list. A few stores I WISH had a storefront in UT. I mean, we got an IKEA, is it too much to ask for a few more? really, I only need 4 stores and 2 food places. It's got to be doable. These places would make a killing here.

Lands End (Not at Sears, but a real Lands End store. I know they don't' exist anywhere, but I want one.)
Crate and Barrel
Sephora

The Container Store
Au Bonne Pain
Cosi


I also wish we had our Johnny Rockets back. Do you remember that place - it was at trolley square like, 14 years ago. Oh so good.

4 comments:

Bing Math said...

I liked Johnny Rockets, too!

Jodi said...

Oh, that is so sad. I am sorry. Was it the Benefit Brand? I haven't run out after I bought it in Cali in Bloomingdales last year. And the other product I have of theirs for my eyebrows I bought in Maceys...but on different trip to Cali. So I guess I just figured we sold it here too. I heard JCPenny has a Sephora...I should have thought of that. And I know Sephora sells Benefit...they sell everything!!!

Michele said...

We were just looking for a Lands End, when we discovered that such a store didn't exist. Very confusing.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I swear I thought I heard somewhere that a Sephora was coming to the Gateway .... was that just a rumor?? I miss that store terribly. Internet mailing and I have gotten very familiar after moving back here - I got wayyy to used to living 2 blocks away from South Coast Plaza which had EVERYTHING.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails