Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh Blogger! Where art thou?

I told my family last Friday that I was going to stop blogging for two weeks. I didn't even make it a whole 5 days.

Addiction?

Sure looks like it.

Wonder what my deal is?

I'm not going to tell you.

Let's just say that through "events" I came to the realization (like hitting my head against a brick wall) that there are people who read my blog. People I know. People in my neighborhood. People that then use the information they read as fodder for conversations...not with me, but about me. Without me knowing. And then call me. To talk about what they were talking about. about me. Get it? Sort of like the lady on Bewitched. Mrs. Kravitz? Or the lady that my mom grew up by whom she called "ruley radar".

No biggie - that's what the blog is for right? Right. I put it out there and I need to relate and deal. I got it now.

I'm on the Internet blogging about my life and stuff. Big DUH! for me.

It just bothered me.

I'm over it now.

Funny how I'm okay with perfect strangers reading things I write, but when it's a bit closer to home, and it's people I know (but don't really know, ya know?) it sort of bugged me.

So, what do I do now, right?

Privatize? Um, no! That sort of defeats the purpose, right? Why use the Internet if I am going to use it privately? For me that's not an option.

Stop blogging? Um, no...again. Can't do it. It's an addiction...like eating nutella by the spoonful or going to Chick-fil-a for lunch and eating all the french fries even though I was going to split them with my monkey.

The solution? This is the best I've come up with.
Start "unplugging" a bit from technology.
Deactivate facebook account.
Less frequent posting on this here blog.
Less posting about my "life" and the people in it and more posting about "nothing". It worked for Seinfeld so I guess it will work for me.

****
On a different note, don't you like my new template? I think it's very cool. and slick. and sophisticated.

7 comments:

Codi said...

Well...I love the new template, very clean and calming.

I don't love the fact that I might not get the full "Annie" experience in your blog.

Sorry about the creepsters and I hope you're "fully" back soon.

Staples said...

dont leave the blog world!!!! i enjoy checking yours

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Wow, this IS a spiffy new template. It's gorgeous!

And yeah, I know people in the neighborhood that read and talk about my blog too. But I doubt I know as many people as you do. It bugs me also, but like you said, you just have to deal with it. I made the choice to make it known and not hide where I live or to tell people about my blog. So ANYWAYS.

I am ready to help you with skirts! Name the day. I am finally settled down and am nothing but available for you! If you haven't figured it out and just done it yourself, that is.

Harried Mom said...

Yikes, food for thought at least. I too have in the past worried about saying too much, then I realized that I don't think but maybe 4 people even peek at what I write and so I likely don't have much to be blabbing on about anyway. I like the new template and am sorry that this has become an issue. You have my support.

mbjorgensen said...

Had my own scary experience. Some random YouTube viewer watched my son's youtube video where he discussed a book he liked and wrote vicious comments about him. Do I stop encouraging my young son vlogging about books? Do I unplug. It's a toughie best of luck.

Plus love the new template

Teddy-n-Mai's mom said...

Sorry to hear about this Annie. I so enjoy your blog. I will miss the honesty that you share with us.

fivewoods said...

I wondered where you were? I've missed your posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails