Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some thoughts about Easter

easter compare

My mom wrote a great post here. You should read it -

We had a great Easter. As per usual, there wasn't much celebrating, or egg hunting, or coloring, but we still had a good day. There was candy, and baskets, and family, and new clothes and obligatory photo shoots with sunshine in the eyes of sensitive boys.

On Easter Sunday, I went to church by myself. In my married life, I've NEVER gone to church by myself. A couple of times I think Ross was out of town and I went to church with my parents, but it was rather unusual to do such a thing on a holiday, alone. Where were my boys? Home sleeping and playing with fantasy baseball of course.

The theme of the meeting was of course the last days and resurrection of Christ. It was a good meeting with a beautiful musical number by the choir. During the meeting, I sat next to a dear friend whose life is in utter turmoil right now. During the meeting as I helped with her girls and listened to the talks, I couldn't help but think of that thing called, "Eternal Perspective". Whether you are religious or not, it seems that we are all on Earth for a reason. We are born, live our life as best we can, experience our fair share of trials and joy, and then when it's our time, we leave - hopefully heading to heaven for grand reunions and to await the return of the rest of our family for eternity.

That being said - I can't stop thinking about my friend - and how much I've grown to love her over the last few years and how much I wish I could help her. The thing is though - she's one of the strongest people I know, and probably one of the handful of people I know with that true "eternal perspective". She gets life, living, and being a part of something bigger than herself. She is an inspiration to me and all that know her.

That's what I thought about on Easter this year - faith and family and the importance of being together through everything and taking care of those that are yours - because you never know how long you'll get to be part of their lives, at least on Earth - and how lucky I am to believe in a gospel and faith that is so comforting to me every single day.

Easter 2009

Easter 2009

3 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

That outfit is really cute.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

This is such a darling outfit!

japetersen said...

Very nice posting, blogging.
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails