Thursday, April 30, 2009

Whose your husband?

At the doctor's office on Tuesday I picked up a couple of free magazines. One was an issue dedicated to dads and I had a great time reading one of the articles written by a father of four.

The gist of the article was that there are two types of husbands/fathers/soon-to-be-fathers out there in the world.

Type one: The "doter" - he experiences sympathy pain, weight gain, buys gifts, rubs feet without being asked, and in general is really sympathetic to his wife's condition. You know the guy - he runs to the taco time in the middle of the night for crustos.

Type two: the "business man" - he just works longer hours because he isn't quite sure how to deal with his crazy wife and is nervous about having enough money and all the right stuff for the kid - as justification for working those longer hours.

I know which "type" I married. He's not type one.

how about you?

1 comment:

Spencer & Emily said...

type 2! but on his behalf, he does make dinner these days and that is wonderful... did i mention he makes dinner? haha.. didnt know you were prego as well. when are you due? i am new in this world but i guess they ask how many weeks you are usually. for me i feel like they are just asking...are you far enough along that you actually have some energy to help me do something or "oh just 13 weeks"...as if to say, you can still be lazy if you want. if you ask me, which most dont, but heck i dont feel comfortable and nothing sounds good, I CAN BE WHAT I WANT TO BE UNTIL THE HOSPITAL SENDS ME HOME!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails