Monday, March 15, 2010

Stupid is as stupid does

There are some really stupid people out on the internet.

They shouldn't be allowed to write - because they cannot form complete sentences, they lie, they steal content from other noteworthy websites and blogs, and they are all around dumb.

I wish there was a basic literacy test that individuals needed to take before they would be allowed to start writing on website or a blog or an etsy shop, or a stupidity test before posting something to YouTube.

There are a few things out on the internet that I ocassionaly look at - not because the content is quality, or the writing is superb or the photo's magnificent.  I look because it's like driving my brain past a traffic accident.  I just cannot stop staring.  Wouldn't it be cool if we had red pens to correct all the writing mistakes (yes, I make mistakes too, so me included), grammatical errors, misuse of vocabulary and arcaic phrases that exists out there, published on the web?  A while ago I investigated trying to block or filter these sites from my life and my internet because they are pure drivel and every time I look, they get me worked up, anywhere from merely bugged to absolutely infuriated.

Don't you wish I was brave enough to list them here for you now?  I wish I was brave enough - but I'm not.

I've been blogging now for 5 years.  When I started it was still a pretty new phenomenon and there weren't many but the computer literate who were willing and able and capable of doing such a thing.  Now, everyone and their dead turtle blogs.  It no longer seems to be a bastian of the cool.  Not that I ever was cool, I just had/have some computer skills.  I blog for myself, for my family, for the grandma's, and for the 50-75 other people who somehow manage to look at this site every day from all over the country.  It's fun to make books at the end of the year, rant about things I think about, and share my thoughts on the world, parenting, books, and anything else that pops into this often out of line/out of place brain of mine.

I suppose that's why all the other people do it to.

I just wish some of them would stop.

Really though?  I just need to stop looking at their sites.

It gives me a stomach ache.

2 comments:

Bing Math said...

Chill baby, baby chill.

Don't engage the stalker.

japetersen said...

Archaic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails