Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sugar Rush

IMGP7592

On Saturday, my mom and I hosted a baby shower for my cute cousin.  Her baby is due in a month.  She received some wonderful gifts.  I have a very kind and generous family.

As usual, I was put in charge of the sugar.  I'm pretty sure that I didn't let anyone down.

The menu:
Chocolate brownies (store bought)

Lime bars (made by my momacita - yummy)

IMGP7598

Chocolate Mousse in edible white chocolate cups

IMGP7613

Cake Ball cupcakes (thanks Bakerella for the ideas and recipie)

IMGP7596

Giant turtle and whale sugar cookies for the party favor

IMGP7582

Limeade punch with such a kick that my family, who all enjoy sour, guzzled the stuff up like it was going out of style.

With a menu like that, it's no wonder I gained two pounds over the weekend.  On Friday night, I was covered in powdered sugar and on Saturday morning I was covered in chocolate.

What a yummy weekend.

Next up?  A baby shower for my sister......

what to make...what to make...???????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails