Monday, May 31, 2010

I miss my grandma

Over a month ago, the day of my sisters baby shower I was getting ready to go when out of no where, I was hit by an overwhelming sadness.  It happens to me every once in a while, but it was one of those moments where I really missed my grandma.  I wanted her to be at my sister's shower, to see the gifts and the excitement, and eat the food.

She wasn't going to be there and it made me sad.  I started to cry.  I rushed into the bathroom so no one would see me and forced myself to get my act together.

I was being dumb. 

At the shower, as my sister was opening gifts for little Miss Molly, she got to a gift from my aunt Karen.  As part of the gift, my dear sweet aunt had finished the edging on a blanket my grandma had started for a future great-grandchild.  My sister started to cry.  I started crying, too.

It was a bit serendipitous for me that day.  I had been missing my grandma terribly and then all of a sudden, she was there. She made it to the shower after all - just like I'd hoped she would.

2 comments:

CINDY WOOD said...

I cried at the shower - and she wasn't even my grandma!!!!!

japetersen said...

I miss Grandma, too! I just hope she is in heaven quietly ans spirtually encouraging Dad and helping him do what he needs to do.
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails