Sunday, October 31, 2010

In a nutshell

It happened.  Halloween weekend hit us and for the first time in my married life, nearly 8 years, we participated in, and celebrated All Hallows Eve.

Halloween is so dumb!

But seeing my kids dressed up like little monkeys (everyday reality in cute sweatsuits) and watching my little Chickie think he was a big boy doing all the same things his brother does, was pretty priceless.

Want to see?

Look below.  Priceless I tell ya.

IMGP9637

IMGP9636

a barrel of monkeys

I'm not sure which of them got a bigger kick out of the evening, or who ate more candy (I'm pretty sure little brother won by a landslide) but they were both so wild and crazy by 8:00 pm that as parents, we didn't know what to do with them. So, the got separated - separate bathrooms(shower for one, bath for the other) and then to bed with them both.

We survived Halloween. This morning however, there were a few tears shed at the realization that it was over until next year.

Such is life I guess.

******
The rest of our weekend was pretty busy and memorable, too.

On Friday, we got to have little Miss Molly play with us for a few hours. She loves her cousins, and they love her. She is just the cutest little girl in the world and I'm so glad that she loves me. She loves her mom more, but that's okay. I can live with it.

IMGP9591

I'm partial, but these are three of the cutest kids around. And what's best is that they love each other lots and lots.

IMGP9605

And, we're fish sitting. Like, babysitting a fish for a friend. We've done it before, but Chicker wasn't around. We had a fish, Blue Fish, last fall but he died. The little boy is fascinated by the fishy and has finally figured out that you don't grab the fish out of the bowl, but that you can wave to the fishy from afar.

saying hi to the fishy - we're babysitting

And, what holiday weekend would be complete in our house without some baking? We had two family parties today and that meant that I needed to bake two different kinds of cupcakes. Lemon with a vanilla bean icing (I'm told tasted like ice cream) and chocolate with peanut butter icing.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

IMGP9623

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails