Thursday, October 14, 2010

cleaning and thinking

photo.jpg

Today, my living room is in the kitchen. My bedroom is in the bathroom and the boys bed stuff is topsy turvy all over the house in every remaining space.

Yes, folks, today the carpets are getting cleaned. Oh, so exciting. When We pulled back the living room area rug last night and saw the damage, Ross exclaimed, "Man, we're dirty people"

I was a bit offended. We are not dirty people but we do wear our shoes all over the house.

The realignment of furniture however has got me thinking about a couple of things.

1 - We don't have THAT much stuff. It could be so much worse (Hoarder!) and we have a ton of little kid crap but we easily moved all our furniture around in about 90 minutes last night with two small helpers. That's no tiny feat. I mean yesterday we were out running errands and Elliott was whining that he wanted to go to a toy store (how does he even know what that is?) and I managed to subdue him with a donut. See - no extra stuff brought into the house.

2 - My house feels very spacious without any furniture. We've been seriously contemplating moving in the next little while to a home with a different floor plan, a fenced in yard, and far enough away from the neighbors that we don't see into their living room windows at night. However, with all the stuff moved around, it doesn't feel quite as clausty. Maybe that means that all the toys can just go from the kitchen table to the garbage.

3 - I want to paint my front door red but Ross wont' let me because he says I won't do a good job. I just needed to say that out loud

4 - Moving furniture could be scary because you never know what's behind the couch, or the bed, or that chair. It is always a relief to me that my obsessive vacuuming (thanks mom) pays off because the amount of dust and cooties is minimal. For a household that has two little asthmatics, that's something to feel good about.

5 - Cleaning the carpets makes me want to remodel the whole house. Repaint, new furniture, new pictures on the walls - everything. It's a refreshing feeling, really. And a bit overwhelming, too.

Okay - that's enough. Most boring post ever.

Sorry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails