Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eight

Eight years ago today, that boy and I got married. I think I've said it every single year since then, but there is no way I would have known then how lucky I would be now by saying yes when he asked me to marry him.  It was definitely one of the best decisions of my life.

We've got some big life changes and challenges approaching us in the ninth year - most of which I'm looking forward to, especially because I know I'll be doing it with him  - and those crazy monkeys of mine.

A few weeks ago he gave me a new CD by the Avett Brothers. Said he thought I'd like the band because they were sleepy background music - the soundtrack to my life. One song in particular has stood out to me and I've listened to it dozens of times.

There are two parts of the song that I find beautiful beyond words.

She's talkin' to me with her voice
Down so low I barely hear her
But I know what she's sayin'
I understand because my heart and hers are the same
...
True love is not the kind of thing you should turn down
Don't ever turn it down



Happy Anniversary

I love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails