Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Squirt: 23 Months


Hi Crazy.

It's only one month until your birthday.

You've decided to act like a two year old a little bit early.

You are still full of wonder and amazement at the world around you but you are also full of yourself. It seems you've been possessed by a little teeny tiny demonic sprite whose only goals in life is to scream really loud in the ears of everyone present, fight and hit, and say No! Mine!  But you do it with a smile on your face.

Ah, such is life.

I've been having major flashbacks to when your brother was this age. He was this age when I was pregnant with you and we had a battle about kicking mom in the stomach. Thank heavens I'm only protecting myself from the kicks, not another little person, this time around because those kicks are vicious.

Sid Vicious.

Anyway - in the last month you survived your first trip to Disneyland while sick. I'm sure there are more "sick trips" to come for you but we all survived. You have become a TALKING MACHINE which is so totally awesome. We can understand about 80% of what you are saying and you are taking to words like a duck to water. It's so amazing that I really don't know how to describe it. You've gone from a few grumbled up words to complete sentences with 4 or 5 words strung together. It's pretty cool.  And today, on your own you decided to say, "Bye - Bye Ikea".  That cinnamon roll must have been really good.

You are a fighter and a lover. You fight with your brother and you love all your stuffed puppies. And your blankets. It seems that you'll drag about 7 blankets around the house all day long. You totally remind me of Linus from the Peanut cartoons. One day too, you will be able to open a mail box with that trusty blanket of yours.

You love Uncle Willie. You love telling stories. You love airplanes and green trucks and giraffes and tic tacs. In fact as I type this right now you are flying a pack of orange tic tacs around the kitchen like an airplane while shoving them into your mouth as quickly as possible.

I love that last week, before you went crazy at Target, you actually sat in the cart like a civilized little boy singing, "baby, baby, baby oh!"  at the top of your lungs for all to hear.  You brought more smiles to the faces of Bieber fans than the little Bieb ever could.

Oh my boy I love you. I love you when you sit on my lap, when you say, "Sa-ee mama" after you hit me on the head with an old ipod and the way you yell Elliott down the hall when you can't find your brother.

IMG_1841

The two of you really are pretty good friends right now and I hope it always stays that way. You give hugs and play with him just like I'd always hoped. You guys fight too, but we're working on that.

In one month we'll be celebrating your two year old birthday. I'm just totally in awe of that fact and am not sure what I'll do with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. This is uncharted territory my boy. You will officially no longer be the baby.  I don't think that I can call you "my baby" any more.

I'd better start getting used to that.

oh, P to the S - You have finally started sleeping through the night.

I'm not sure who we have to thank for that, maybe Grandma Huber in heaven, but whomever we thank or whatever we thank....

your dad is very grateful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails