Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Alpine Loop

I haven't been to church for 5 weeks.  Two weeks being on "bed rest" and three weeks with a new baby.  Honestly?  I sort of miss it.  A three hour block often feels LONG, but when you don't go for a while, it's sort of sad.  I'll be back this Sunday.  I'm looking forward to it.  If I can sit still for that long.

This past Sunday, we went to the church of the fall leaves.  Because there weren't official meetings due to the Brigham City Temple dedication, we went for a drive.  It was a lovely afternoon full of the beauty of the earth.

We took the Alpine Loop road from Timpanogos down to Sundance and back home.  The boys were on their best behavior, we stopped for snacks, and everyone but our dad fell asleep once we got back on the freeway and headed home.

It was my husband's idea to go for the drive.  It was a good idea.  He must have known I needed to see the leaves - one of my most favorite things.  As a special treat, he didn't even wear his headphones in the car and hardly listened to football.  Instead?  He talked to me almost the entire time (except when I was asleep of course).

It made me happy.

A very good Sunday.


My life. Sunday morning.
The perfect start to our lazy Sunday

Alpine loop.

Mountain on fire.

Monkeys In the mountains

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails