Sunday, July 21, 2013

Third Annual Petersen Pioneer Day Extravaganza!

Yesterday was the third summer in a row Ross and I have hosted my extended family through my dad's side for a food fest and for the third time in a row the party and the food did not disappoint.  Ross and I decided to grill steaks for the whole crew, nearly 30 people, and everyone else brought so much delicious stuff that my giant island nearly ran out of room.

I hope everyone had a good time.  I had a good time.  My kids had a great time playing with all their cousins.  And, I'm real happy my mom convinced me to have the party in the evening instead of mid-day because it was so stinkin' hot that we would have all roasted at an afternoon party.

Speaking of roasted - we ended the evening making smores on the fire pit, in 80 degrees.  They were tasty.  They were fun.  Quinn didn't quite know what to do with his marshmallow.

Thanks to all that came.  I wish I would have remembered to take more pictures.

Almost party time. Cherry limeade station ready to go

Didn't quite grasp the concept of a smore

Smores to end the party

Two of my boys.   People say they look alike

Fire

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails