Monday, March 19, 2007

Lucky 19

Scan10060



Today is my Grandma and Grandpa's 56th wedding anniversary. They got married on March 19, 1951. That is quite an accomplishment. I am such a lucky kid to still have my grandparents around. In fact, my grandparents are the age of some of my friends and associates parents. How crazy is that?! I've been able to grow up with them as an integral part of my life and have them as part of my little monkey's life as well.

My grandparents have been through a lot together in 56 years and still seem to like each other, most of the time, in spite of the fact that they can't hear or walk so good; they still manage to get into the truck for their nightly diet cokes from Wendy's. Sometimes, when they are teasing each other, arguing, or laughing at themselves, I can still see that little gleam in their eyes, that has kept them together for so many years.

If and when Ross and I are married for 56 years, I'll be 80 years old. Ross will be 81. That is a lifetime from now, but something worth aiming for, if the world doesn't implode first. I think that we have a good shot at 56 years. Like my grandparents, Ross and I were married on lucky number 19, too. It may have been April 19, but I think it still counts.

Happy Anniversary! I love you both very much.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We have such awesome grandparents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails