Monday, March 12, 2007

7 weeks

7 weeks001



Don't let the calm innocence of this picture fool you. This was one of the only moments in time today that Elliott wasn't screaming at me. You see, at seven weeks old, he has learned to scream. A blood curdling, gagging, chocking, on the verge of passing out scream. He does this for hours at a time, usually in the evening but today I was lucky enough to deal with the scream from 1:00-5:00 and then from 5:30-7:30. That was my special prize for the day.

What calms him down you might ask? Not much, but of all the songs in the world for my son to like when he is screaming, guess what helps ease his pain. The Dixie Chicks singing "rainbow connection". Explain that one to me! Thanks to Haley for this particular children's themed song for Christmas otherwise I don't know what I'd do. Right at this minute the monkey is asleep in his car seat listening to this song play over and over again on the ipod.

Let's hope this screaming phase doesn't last long. I don't know how much more of the Chicks I can handle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails