Tuesday, May 22, 2007

4 months old

IMGP5278

Today, Elliott is 4 months old. It is so hard to believe that he is already such a big boy with an even bigger personality. Elliott has learned so much in the last 4 weeks that I'm not even sure where to start talking about my wonderful boy.

On Sunday, Ross and I did the scale trick and we both came up with a weight of 22 pounds for the boy. I also measured him and he measured somewhere between 25-27 inches long. Basically, if we stand him up on the ground, he is just taller than Ross' knee. At 4 months old he is wearing 12 month clothes and a lot of those outfits, especially his jammies, are just too tight.

Elliott is starting to enjoy cruising in the stroller and can make it for about 30 minutes before he needs a change of scene and modality. However, he absolutely LOVES being outside, sitting on the porch watching the kids walk home from school and having the wind blow in his face. He likes to help water flowers, too.

The boy is getting pretty good at propping himself up on his tummy and is starting to scoot. He's also almost figured out rolling over. He gets himself halfway and then seems to realize that he is about to go from his back to his tummy (not fond of the tummy) and the paranoia that sets into his face sends him back onto his back. He can't quite sit up on his own, but has neck control to challenge any adult.

A sense of humor has developed in the little monkey over the last few weeks as well. He is pretty stingy with the laughs, but once he gets going, his laughter is one of the sweetest sounds ever! He laughs boisterously and is super ticklish everywhere, but especially around his neck...if of course, you can find his neck. He is also pretty tricky and good at getting what he wants. Just last week he threw out his bottom lip and let it start quivering as if ready to burst into tears. All I did was look at him, shake my finger and tease him saying "don't you dare" and he started to laugh. We did that back and forth a few times before he got bored with me and returned to hitting his toys.

Elliott loves to eat his cereal and fruits, and is partial to pears and applesauce. Ross tried him out with peaches last week and he hated them and quit eating in protest. We've purchased sweet potatoes, but neither of us is brave enough to feed him those yet. I am sure his reaction will be unpleasant.

The little guy is also starting to turn into a pretty avid sports nut, with the help of his dad of course. They've watched all the NBA playoffs together, felt sad when the suns lost, and cheer when the Yankees loose. This scares me more than anyone can really know, but it looks like my kid is going to be a sport nerd and I've got no choice in the matter.

As if I can't say enough, good about this kid, I'll end with my most favorite...The other night (in the middle of the night) after screaming at Ross for a good 30 minutes or so, it was my turn to try and soothe him and I used what I knew would work: Elvis. Elliott and I have taken to singing Elvis songs together. Within a few lines of our first of many songs, he started to sing with me (he sounds like a hound dog with a lot of low "oh, oh, oh's". Our duets aren't too shabby, either. And, this boy's got great taste in music.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Happy four months Elliott! Baby food is so fun. I can't believe how big he is!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails