Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birthday Wishes and IKEA dreams

It was my birthday on Friday. I turned 29. No biggie. I went to a doctor's appointment for myself, took Elliott to a doctor's appointment for some skin issues, and ate Chic-fil-a for lunch with Mom and Willie. In the evening, the fam. came over to celebrate. It was nice. I love my family and they gave me very generous gifts. As I get older, I always feel very lucky that I have such a great mom, dad, brother, sister, husband, baby, and grandparents. They all take such good care of me and I am so happy to have them around.


Last night, when most of the state was glued to the tube, my little family and I ventured to the new IKEA. It wasn't as crowded as we anticipated and even with all the noise and commotion, Elliott slept. However, I'm not sure if it's all IKEA's around the world on the 4th day of being open or if it's just because Utah is an entity of stupidity, "out-of-controlednes", and the general population being under the age of, oh 5, but it was a disaster! Anything that was white on the opening day was, last night, covered in dirty footprints and anything that was put together, like, say a bed display, was tattered, torn, and seemed to have children living in it. And, just like Utah's drive like moron's on the freeway, they drive like moron's through the showroom and aisles of IKEA. FOLLOW THE ARROWS PEOPLE! They will guide you where you want to go...just like the iron rod.
I hope the Swedes let up keep our store.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday! Birthdays are great with family. I haven't ventured out to IKEA yet, I'm waiting for the initial rush to die. Then again, I might be waiting quite a long time. If I wanted dirty floors with screaming kids I would just stay home:)

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you had a great time...well birthdays are always special days for all of us...and it's always great to have our near and dear ones with us on that special day!!!

.::still blinking::. said...

Happy birthday to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails