Monday, June 04, 2007

5 days in Sin City

We are back from Vegas, baby and very happy to be home. I didn't put a single penny in a slot machine, though I had good intentions (I just never got around to it)and I only spent 1 evening on the strip. This was a very different Vegas trip than most would take. We spent our days out in the dessert, seeing a side of the city I've never seen in the Red Rock Canyons hiking and taking a jeep tour. We spent our evenings at banquets with fancy dinners, dresses, and drinking. Ross' and I skipped the drinking, but did our boring best to be dressy and have a good time.

We met a lot of people Ross works with from all over the world. We spent some time w/ KJ and her daughter from Korea and 2 couples from Mexico City. Ross got to speak Spanish for hours! He loved it. We hob-nobbed with the biggest at American Express, and stayed in a very cool resort.

Elliott even had a good trip, though the heat was way too much for the little monkey to handle. Every time we took him outside and especially in the car, he had a major meltdown (literally and "pun=ley"...get it major meltdown. It's a pun. I love puns). He was pretty good on both flights and slept very well on a hotel bed for all the nights we were gone.

We were able to visit some friends of Ross' and drive out to Overton to see Melinda and her family. Family and friends always make trips worthwhile.

I didn't take too many pictures, or even many good pictures for that matter, but I did take some. The best can be viewed below.

In the end, I'm not sure that we'll ever go back to Vegas. Ross and I really can't stand the city. It has In and Out burger, but not much else to offer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails