Saturday, June 09, 2007

What Baseball Game?


what baseball game?, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

My mom got Ross tickets to four baseball games as part of his birthday present. Last night was the first game and the whole gang went.

At home, Elliott was fine. At dinner, he played in his car seat while Ross and I ate. Driving to the game, perfect. Walking into the ball park, happy. Then, it all went to pot. To my best guess, the little guy got overwhelmed by the wind (it was very windy), the people, the noise, the loud speakers, the ACDC and just lost control of his emotions! He screamed like a bat out of Magna for the first several innings. I took him from Ross pretty early in the game and we started walking. We found a nice bench behind the ballfield and sat there for almost the entire 9 innings (The game went 10 but baby couldn't take it anymore so we left).

Once Elliott knew we were on our way home, he was calm and laughing on the way to the car. However, once we stuck him back into the evil car seat, he screamed the entire 30 minutes home.

On a good note, one of the security guards walked by and asked if it was Elliott's first baseball game. When I replied, "yes it is!", this nice guy pulled a baseball out of his bag and gave it to us. The kid got a pretty cool souvenier even though he wasn't too interested.

We've got tickets to three more games. Anyone want to babysit?

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

We babysit. We are good at looking at babies.

Staples said...

I don't babysit. The babies just cry or look at me funny. j/k... my family is always willing to help out. I don't know if Elliott would like us though.
No I didn't see a moose. sniff sniff. I was bummed. Moose are so cool. Probably my favorite animal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails