Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eccentricity make you exciting, right?

I'll be the first to admit that my family is a little, well, different. Maybe, it's because we're all tall, or educated, or like college basketball, or have seen Billy Joel in concert several times and aren't ashamed to admit it (yes, I like myself a little "pressure" on occasion).

Ross and I like to mispronounce words and emphasize the wrong sy-lalbe because we're so smart and thin it's funny. I enjoy coming up with clever puns to help me through the day. I love puns! I don't like to be touched by people that aren't my immediate family and Ross uses the phrases, "The deans peanuts", "the cats pajamas" or anything else he hears on that stupid Don and Mike radio program fairly regularly. Every morning when Elliott and I go downstairs for breakfast, I count our steps, 17 of them, just so he knows. And maybe so I can turn him into an obsessive step counter like his mother.

Well, I'm not sure what the cause, but it seems that my little baby has, at nearly 5 months old, decided to develop his eccentric side as well. In the last week or so, he has decided that he does not like to be held, especially when he is tired. Last week, as he was yelling at me, I gave up trying to rock him to sleep and just laid him on my bed. I stuck his pacifier in his mouth and threw the blanket on top of him. What happened next? Magic I tell you! Elliott grabbed the blanket, put it over his face, and fell asleep. What a fascinating discovery!

The monkey falls into an almost hypnotic state, especially when we swap the blanket for a dishtowel. He drags it over his face until he reaches a state of apparent nirvana because he sleeps peacefully, sometimes for two or more hours.
sleeping with a dish towel

Why this happens, I don't know, but this baby is strange. I love him, have tons of evidence to prove that he is mine, and he has definitely picked up on his parents (and extended families) oddities. Good for him.

And finally, if nothing else could prove he is my boy, this does:
feet
He crosses his feet when he sleeps, just like me.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I also love puns! We MUST be related or something. That is so punny!

Unknown said...

awwwwwww.......he's awesome!

and you aren't that weird.....for a tall girl.

hehehe...

.::still blinking::. said...

I love baby toes...

They taste great on cheerios.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails