Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Teething Sucks...and so did most of July

Now, I'm not one to complain or whine (really, I'm not), but I would like to whine about the month of Joo-lie and officially declare it a non-month for me and my little family. I've mentioned my generic disdain for the big holiday in this month, but upon some deeper reflection this first day of August, 2007, I think that I am prepared to expunge the month from our record. Or annul it from our lives.

You see, this month was filled with a lot of ups and downs, some of which were okay, some of which were not. In this past month we've had flowing water in the basement, fights, and flash flood warnings. Friends have broken arms, and suffered in the heat. Grandpa spent a week in the hospital for a thyroid problem. Elliott saw his fair share of uncomfortable-ness with his helmet and this whole teething thing. Which after an evening of slobbery screams and a restless night, hopefully gives him a reprieve today.

We've seen expensive doctors appointments and expensive prescriptions. We own a dying car and have a sense of false hope that washing corroded battery cables will prolong it's life that much longer. Dead birds and mice in the swimming pool and giant jumping wolf spiders in the window wells.

The cilantro I planted didn't make it. The hydrangeas I planted are dying. Most of the zinnias I planted are dead.

Our scale lies to us and we are both fatter (by about 6 lbs) than we thought.

The weather sucks.

The headboard fell off the wall.

My 10 year high school reunion is this weekend. I got a forwarded e-mail about it. I'm not going. I've been out of high school ELEVEN YEARS!

There are too many dead deer on the side of the road (everywhere). How does a deer die on the freeway? How does a deer get to the freeway?

I've got more, but I'll spare the 2 readers of this blog any more details.

On a brighter note? August is here, have a can of beer!

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Sorry about your suck-o-july. Good luck with August. Stay away from the beer. I think more than 2 people read your blog, duh. Smile. Life is good and the grass is green. I locked myself out of my house this morning and I look like a moron if it makes you feel any better. - Haley

Anonymous said...

Number 2 checking in...
hehe... number two...

Staples said...

I am sorry... I am the swim team relief society president... is there anything my presidency and I can do for you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails