Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rough Day

In 7 months and one week, I can't say that Elliott and I have had too many rough days. We've had some bad hops here and there, but nothing disastrous. We even survived, just the two of us, for three whole days last week without any dad intervention.

Today wasn't exceptionally horrendous, but let's add it to the list of days we don't need to repeat again. Sort of like the whole month of July.

Starting around 4 pm yesterday, Elliott went on a bottle boycott. We couldn't get him to drink one for all the chew toys in the world. Instead of drinking a bedtime bottle last night, he went to sleep starving, woke up and at 10:30 at some fruit and cereal. He loves the tropical fruit medley!

Ross and I were hoping that after a good night sleep, the bottle boycott would be over. Boy were we wrong. In a nutshell, today was rough. Lots of crying, screaming, wailing and gnashing of teeth...and that was just me! Elliott definitely threw his fair share of fits today, too.

As we tried to eat dinner tonight aided by the serenade of sobs I took the grumpy monkey upstairs, took off his clothes and started playing his favorite song. After he calmed down, and we moved from the red chair to the floor, I got the idea to squeeze the nipple of his bottle into his mouth. It shot out like milk from an udder, startled him, made him laugh hysterically, and brought him back, begging for more.

After what felt like a lifetime of not drinking a bottle, we finally got him to drink one...on the floor, with Ross hovering above him and Elliott grabbing his toes.

The grumpy monkey is in bed, asleep. Not only will he not drink, he won't nap. He went down early tonight and all I have left to say is this. My favorite band, Guster, has a song and one of the lines in the that stands out to me tonight is this: "I am so damn tired."

Thank you Guster and good night.

1 comment:

Harried Mom said...

Annie,

Having survived one child that has some 10 months of the grumpies, boy can I relate. Brian and I don't mind holding and comforting a crying grumpy baby if you ever need a moments reprieve! It has been my experience that these types of behaviors often preceede a big milestone...any ideas what he may accomplish next? Hang in there...

Tiffany

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails