Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's Football Time Again


Hillcrest064, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

Yes, my friends, it's that time of year. The time of little league football. Will (now that he is going to be a 7th grader, I don't think that we can call him Willie anymore) the Thrill started practice last Saturday and tonight is the first night with pads. I hope the kids survive.

I called Willie on Saturday after his first practice and he was tired, a little beat up, and told me one kid threw up. I then asked him the most important question...."were you last?" His reply, "Nope!"

You see, in our family, there isn't a whole lot of natural athletic ability, at least with me and Haley and none of us really know know how to run. The only advantage the three of us ever have had: our size. I was a giant among miniature anorexic girls, Haley was above average and Willie is determined to be the biggest everywhere.

Because of our relative size, we're all three naturally and spastically slow and one of the most important goals in our athletic careers was (and is) to never finish last. Last always got in trouble and last is never good, especially in competitive sport. I was NEVER last. I worked my but off to ensure that I was never last. I may have often been second to last, but I was never the last one to finish a lap, a sweet 16, or a set of ladders. Neither was Haley.

And, luckily, my brother, all 199 lbs of him isn't last either.

We can all breathe a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

Bing Math said...

Thanks for calling me above average and not just the runt.

Justin said...

I prefer PC, but I can MAC just like the best of em.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails