Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bonne Anniversaire Momacita!

Happy Birthday Mom!

Thank you for being my mom. Thank you for teaching me right from wrong. Thank you for letting me experience the world, learn about all kinds of people, showing me important things, and helping me develop an appreciation for the good all around.

Thank you for teaching me to make my own decisions even if the statement, "You're a big girl, you can make your own decisions" sometimes burned my ears. Thank you for always being around and helping me whenever and wherever. I know that I can count on you, even now, when I'm a grown up.

Thank you for being not too crazy, but just crazy enough, singing along to the radio with all the wrong words, taking us to Disneyland and Yellowstone and Washington DC and the Zoo, and always asking the kid at the drive-through window if the French fries are fresh and if he likes his job. Thank you for having a baby when you were "old." I love him and am glad that he gives me something to do on Fridays after school and that I can spend my whole weekend hanging out with him - even if it means freezing on a sideline somewhere.

Because of you, I have a plan and always will.

Most of all, thanks for being such a good grandma to the monkey. He loves you. I love you, too.(Photo courtesy of Haley Binggeli)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have a good mom, so do I. Yes, it is her birthday, but I took that photo! - Haley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails