Tuesday, October 23, 2007

9 months in, 9 months out

After getting off to such a rough start, who'd have guessed that the little monkey that livest at my house would be such a busy, thriving, active little fart. The last nine months have definitely gone by much faster than the previous nine did. I keep having flashbacks about what I looked like and felt like last year around this time and boy oh boy, I'll take this baby on the outside over the baby on the inside any day.


I can't believe that my baby is such a big kid and so much fun. He is getting taller and skinnier and when we measured him the other day, he's already nearly half my height. I think I really do have a giant on my hands.

mugging for the camera

New Likes:
  • People Food (apples, carrots, all bread products, crackers, bacon, ham, cheerios)
  • Standing up in and shaking the crib
  • Auntie Haley and Uncle Willie. Willie has always been a favorite, but Elliott has a new found appreciation and love for his Auntie.
  • The windy metal things that stop the door from hitting the wall
  • Chewing on clean, unused diapers
  • Talking
  • Sleeping
  • Singing and Dancing
  • Laughing. We've known for some time that the kid has a strange sense of humor, but it's becoming more obvious. Lately, throwing pillows at him is hilarious.
  • Not wearing a helmet
  • Baths in the big bathtub and splashing
  • Helping mom make the bed and getting covered up with the sheets
  • Spitting. Lots of spitting
  • Climbing up the stairs 100% assisted
  • Biting. Elliott bites noses, toes, food, toys. He has 7.5 teeth, so it's no wonder, right?
  • Pulling hair
  • Pulling glasses off Grandma and Mom's face
  • Shredding toilet paper
New Dislikes:
  • Being told No
  • Not being allowed to roll off of the changing table at will
  • Getting out of the bathtub
  • Undershirts and long sleeves
  • The flavor of Benadryl
  • Being tired
  • Staying up late. We have a new bed time: 6:30 pm. It's heavenly
  • Boogers
  • Haircuts with clippers. In the last month, Grandma Judy and Mom have cut Elliott's hair twice. He's needed it and on Sunday it was with clippers. He's not a fan.
  • Bed head. Having a nap with wet hair just doesn't make a boy a "dapper dan" when he wakes up.
  • Eating shredded toilet paper
One True Love:
Elliott's intense love and admiration for the laundry continues to grow. I guess you could say he has a "love-love" relationship. He LOVES the washer and he LOVES the dryer. I think that they appreciate him back because without him and his dirty clothes, they wouldn't be as busy.






Elliott also had his first "blow-out" this month. I had to run to the pharmacy to get a refill for one of my insulin's and when I got home, Ross said that they had experienced a code red and that I had better look in the bathroom. Before throwing it away, Ross saved the soiled, sick undershirt for me to look at. How sweet. The short of it, Elliott exploded and Ross had to clean it up. Perfect timing. The one and only time in 9 months that we've had to throw an article of clothing away because it was soiled beyond repair.

Ross and I are fairly positive that Elliott will be walking in the next month or so. That's all he seems to be interested in. He can't sit up from lying down yet or stand without falling down but he will walk. Oh yes, he will walk.

pensive


5 comments:

Harried Mom said...

Kepp enjoying him while he's not mobile, as the fun really begins once they move around entirely on their own. You have pots and pans scattered around the house to look forward to...playing in the bathroom toilets when mom forgets to gate them off. That doesn't even begin to describe what will happen next. I've decided I wouldn't trade this for anything though...even when I want to scream and cry I can't help but laugh. Annie, he's a handsome devil and I love reading about him! Tiffany

Codi said...

Annie -
He is so sweet and handsome. I can't believe how fast he's progressing. It seems like once one thing started everything else followed quick. Oh cute Elliott!

Michele said...

I was relieved that you specified that the diapers he chews on are unused:)

Anonymous said...

In my opinion -- Elliott is definitely more fun out than in! I love him!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy 9th month birthday to Elliott and for all the fun Ross and Annie have experienced with this neat little kid. Time flies except those times thoses times that weren't so fun. Grandpa and I are anxious to help out and play games. Keeps progressing so well...love you all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails