Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nostalgia

I've been attending University of Utah Runnin' Ute basketball games since I was a baby. That's 29 years of basketball. 29 years of living and dying by the Utes. I don't think that my sister and I really ever paid much attention to the games for a really long time, but now, looking back, I've had more fun at the Huntsman Center than I've had in most other places. I remember when my grandparents and great grandparents had season tickets with us and we'd go visit them in the lower bowl at half time. I remember keeping score and doing my own stats to keep my attention and waiting to see if my score and stats matched up to the real score at the end of the game.

Yesterday at the Utah game, the all century team was honored. It was awesome to see all the old time players and guys that I grew up watching in once place. There were over 100 Utah players in attendance and some of my personal favorites like Josh Grant, Walter Watts, Brandon Sluga, Keith Van Horn, Andrew Bogut and Michael Doleac.
Oh, Dork-attack, how I still have a soft spot in my heart for you. Remember those times I intentionally parked at the Huntsman Center every morning even though none of my classes were any where near the Huntsman Center hoping, just hoping that I might see you (I did quite a bit), bump into you, and have you ask me to marry you? Oh yeah, you didn't know about that. It's okay. I'm happy now and I hope you are too.

The air in the arena yesterday was reminiscent of years when the Utes were awesome, I lost my voice at ball games and the fans came out in throngs. It was a great day.

Go Utes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and how can britton johnsen not be on your lists of favs?????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails