Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Up to no good


Up to no good, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

Our dad is out of town. He's in New York again and we've been left to our own devises since Sunday afternoon. We do alright but we miss him. We want him to come home and bring us prizes. Good prizes - from Tiffany's.

He won't, but a lonely housewife can dream the week of valentines day even if we don't recognize the commercial holiday in our home, right?

Elliott seems to know that his dad is nowhere to be found. Yesterday, when I talked to Ross on the phone, Elliott just tugged on my leg repeating, "da da" over and over again. I also have to keep the office door closed to prevent my crawling computer virus from getting into everything and he's convinced that his dad is behind the door. He tried to open it every time he passes and when he isn't successful, he just sits on the floor and bangs his head on the door.

To keep himself busy, Elliott has found a new hobby. Wedging himself between the bed and my nightstand, getting his hands on whatever he can reach while stuck upright. He seems to enjoy this spot. It's like his sneaky hiding spot, except he does it only when I'm in the room, folding laundry or making the bed. He likes the Eiffel Tower lamp. Maybe the two of us can go to Paris next time Ross goes out of town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you have to do to win prizes?? Does he ever bring home any gifts, presents, or sur-prises? :)

Annie said...

I don't have to win prizes - I just get them for existing. It's a prize for being alive! :)

This time it was chocolates. When he went to Wisconsin, I got a shirt from ShopKo.

I suppose that the term gift or present works as well, but I like prizes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails