Friday, February 01, 2008

Baby Friday - some monkey's for the monkey

oh, the talents and sweet skills of a 1 year old. In Elliott's first week of no longer being a baby, he has reached new heights. He has gotten sick (croup and an ear infection), fallen down the stairs twice. crawled under the kitchen table and bonked his brain, become a voracious reader, and figured out how to climb up onto the stool in the bathroom.

This isn't the most important feat however. Sleep, is. Ross and I have been contemplating in the last month or so, whether we just go with the flow or whether we try to "sleep train" our sweet boy. Elliott just hasn't slept soundly for quite some time and we were starting to get nervous that he would never return to the good sleeper he once was. Well, maybe it's because he's been so sick and exhausted this week, or maybe it's because he's growing up too fast, but at least for the last two days, sleep hasn't been a problem.

Yesterday afternoon and just a little while ago, the kid got tired. He begged me to put him in his crib. I did and then I walked away. Something I haven't been able to do since he learned to stand up and eat his crib. I walked away with confidence that he was okay and content. Plenty of blankets, a couple of books, and his mobile. Elliott turned his mobile on, and in about 10 minutes was sound asleep. ALL BY HIMSELF! Awesome. Sweet! Hooray for you!

he put himself to sleep

I know this won't last forever, and I've probably jinxed myself for mentioning it now, but I am just so happy and so proud of the little monkey. So grown-up he is.

And, because he's so grown up, we got him some playmates the other day at Target. Vinyl sticker monkeys on his wall.
monkeys for the monkey
He loves them, points to them, plays with them and wants to show everyone who comes to his house, his new friends.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I can't believe how big he is! Are you sure he's only 1? :)

The Ingleby Family said...

That is the cutest picture of Elliot, and his Vinyl Stickers SO cute! But from pictures I see, your house is decorated SO cute! You work with my mom just incase you don't know, Yep, me Andrea. Your blog is awesome! Keeps me laughing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails