Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm Irish...and some other junk

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kiss me, I'm Irish

Unlike a lot of people, I (well, Elliott too) actually do have some Irish blood in me, so it's okay for me to celebrate, even if I don't care for corn beef and cabbage. So Elliott is sending you a big wet kiss for the big day.

In other news - I apparently jinxed the springtime by blogging about it. I should have known better. In a true twist of irony that only Alanis Morrisette is familiar with, it snowed and was bitter cold this weekend. I think that my tulips survived and the sun is shining today which gives me hope for days to come. However - that's all I'm going to say about that. Sorry to all of you for messing the whole weather thing up. At least I didn't wash my car, too.

On Friday night, Ross made me go to a stupid church party and I had to take along my splitting headache. It was a luau. I didn't dress the part, but I ate the kalua pork. It was tasty. Sent my blood sugar through the roof even w/ a ton of insulin, but it was tasty.

Now, if had been a luau like this one, I would have been pleased.


It wasn't. Not only that, Ross and I got roped into playing a stupid "Newlywed Game." We won, even without a question about Elvis. We even had a perfect score and blew the competition away. I was surprised. We may fight every day, but we're good at trivia, especially when it's trivia about each other.

4 comments:

Ross said...

Hey man, wake me and feed me a cherry pie or the Fool's Gold Loaf, Jack.

Heeeeey!

Harried Mom said...

Happy St. Patricks to you as well! I got a big laugh about your claiming to have cursed spring as I was telling Brian I thought I had on Saturday!

japetersen said...

I love the "Chad-baby"!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I like Elvis. At least I don't have to look at your toes anymore. At least your toes aren't as ugly as mine. Where are Elliott's pants? - Haley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails