Friday, June 20, 2008

Baby Friday - No body knows the trouble I've seen

asleep on the floor

The monkey's clock is all messed up. He doesn't quite know when to be awake and when to be asleep.

We got home from our trip late Tuesday night and he slept from 11:30 pm - 10:00 am and then had a three hour nap.

Yesterday he had a nap and was asleep by 9:15 last night. He woke up frantically screaming at 2 am. I got up to relieve Ross at 2:30. The kid has this thing lately where he doesn't want to be held, or consoled, or touched when he is frantic (made the temper tantrum on the airplane last week all the more exciting).

So, I remembered that a couple of weeks ago in a similar situation I made a nest on the floor of his bedding. We did that last night and he was out cold in a matter of minutes - in fact I've only got the time to write this post because he's still asleep.

We think he dislikes the crib. I cannot say that I blame him, but he's still a baby who we don't want wandering the halls at night, falling down the stairs and breaking a limb - or his neck.

Ross thinks we need to buy him a bed this weekend. I think he needs to stay in the crib as long as possible.

It looks like Elliott just wants to sleep on the floor.

3 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Mason did the moving from the crib to the bed thing so much better than I anticipated. Still, it was scary and we actually lock him in his room because I don't want him wandering out of his room and falling down the stairs in the dark in the middle of the night. Good luck if you guys attempt it with Elliott!

Anonymous said...

I REMEMBER A COUPLE OF OTHER CHILDREN WHO SPENT MANY A NIGHT ON THE FLOOR, EITHER IN THIER OWN ROOM OR OURS. WE JUST DIDNT HAVE STAIRS TO WORRY ABOUT.

Michele said...

Too cute. I would say keep him in a crib as long as possible. Or at least until he figures out how to get out. Your disney trip looked like so much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails