Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confusion and Delay

At Disneyland, I wanted to get Elliott some mouse ears with his name on them. I knew he would never wear the ears, as he has an aversion to head gear (probably because of three months of helmet wearing, what do you think?), but it was a special souvenir I wanted to get.

When the time came, I picked out his ears, made sure they fit, and wrote his name down on a piece of paper to make sure it was spelled correctly. E-L-L-I-O-T-T.

The had was finished, handed to me, and I put it in my bag and walked over to show the group.

Mom: It only has one T
Me: Oh no, what should I do?
Ross: Take it back and make them fix it!

I took the hat back, explained the problem to the very nice girl who made the mistake, and she willingly fixed the hat. Fixing the hat however, required she take a new hat off the shelf and redo the name.

She handed me the new hat when it was finished. It only had one L. Eliott. Um, that's wrong.

I felt bad for her, but explained that my son's name has 2 L's and 2 T's.

She did a third hat.

That one was right.

My boy apparently has a very tricky name.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails