Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Worse than a trip to the DMV...

So yesterday I was selected to take a random drug test.

Hooray for peeing in a cup (my third test in 3.5 months).

Once I was notified that I had been selected, I called over to the place (only a few blocks away) to see how busy they were. They said 20 minutes. I rushed over and walked into a waiting room full of people (liars!).

The waiting room was like the Mos Eisley Cantina scene in the original Star Wars.
I saw, 2, count them, 2 matching t-shirt sweatpant combinations as well as a very large truck driver in mesh shorts, a denim shirt, and hiking boots.
Mesh shorts do not have pockets, so where to store your large trucker wallet and cell phone?
You store them in between your white atheltic socks and your fleshy calves. Mmm, smells like a combination of foot cheese, diesel fuel, and Carl's Jr chili cheese fries (disgusting).
I won't even get into the guys are too cool to stay in the waiting room, so they go outside for a smoke and then get mad when they get skipped (because they did not hear their name called). Nor will I address the strategic placement of chairs without arms throughout the waiting room for persons of larger carriage.
Wish me luck that my number does not get called again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok i have been in a few too many waiting rooms that look like that star wars place....loved reading that! ha.....

i've been going to court every 45 days....and it's SO hard not to blog about the people i see in the courthouse. oh my heck.....it's very hard....

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails