Tuesday, June 24, 2008

True love...even if it will be short lived

The set-up. I used to get my hair cut by the same lady that did my dad's hair. She wasn't very nice or friendly, but it was the only person that I figured could cut my hair. Yes, in Utah I realize that's a funny thing because if there's one thing we've got enough of in this state it's hair stylists. This one time I dyed my hair red and when she tried to make me blond again, huge chunks of my hair fell out.

I digress.

Once I got married I quit her - well, and she retired. Anyway, I started going to Romela, the wonderful, political, fun, Iranian-American who has been cutting the hairs of many a family member for 20 + years. I look so forward to going and getting my hair cut every 8 weeks that I can hardly stand it sometimes. She calls me Honey, doesn't mind it when I bring Elliott and I just love it.

Years ago, Romela introduced me to my true love - a special hairspray that loves me back. It blends with my hair perfectly, isn't sticky or wet, or clumpy and one bottle lasts me literally months. I fell in love with first spray at the salon and went right out to the fancy "salon product" store to get me some. I've used it for years.

Alas, after the Monkey was born in January 2007, I went to purchase a new bottle of my fancy (and expensive but oh so worth it) hairspray at the "salon store" and *gasp* was told by the clerk that it was discontinued! I nearly broke down and cried. Never in my search for hair products had I found something so special, so wonderful, so...me!

I've spent the last 17 months desperately searching for a product that could equal my beloved and discontinued spray and have found nothing. Just last week, while suffering from crunchy, mildly frizzy, humid, wet-look California hair, on the shuttle bus I was complaining (yes, something I do regularly) to Ross about my hair and how I wish I had my magic spray.

Lucky for me, Elliott and I needed to go to "the red bulls eye" last week for some supplies. And lucky for me we just happened to be wandering through the "products" section and lucky for me, I spotted it hidden on a shelf.

my favorite hairspray

I was so excited that I nearly screamed. There were four of my beautiful bottles of hairspray on the shelf - deeply discounted. Not wanting to appear foolish or desperate, I only purchased two of the bottles. After a lot of thought through the evening, I went back the next day and bought the other two...someone must have been looking out for me...hair gods, I thank you!!!!

I've had good hair days ever since.

3 comments:

... said...

Hair products are crucial. I have been very fortunate to not have any of my products discontinued. Good luck in 4 months when you need some more. Maybe try some more "bulls eye" stores to stock up.

Anonymous said...

wuv, tru wuv. willie and i watched princess bride last night. you know true love is the noblest cause of life.

Unknown said...

you are so funny.....seriously......you should know that going to someone who cuts your dad's BALD head of hear couldn't possibly be that talented.....

eek sorry did i say that out loud?

i love your dad you know it. anyhow so ummm hello i would be going to every target in the valley buying that hairspray!

i'm addicted to the paul mitchell freeze & shine. i think i'm going on ten years of use this year....and i think i would fall over if they discontinued it. i would seriously not know where to start....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails