Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1000: a retrospective

This is it.  This is my 1000th post.

Crazy, isn't it. I wonder how many words I've written in 1000 posts.  Definitely millions, I'm sure.

I knew that this post was coming up and I was trying to figure out how to commemorate such an event.  Five and a half years of my life has been documented on this dumb blog.  When it all started in September of 2005 I figured that a blogger account was just one more account I'd create and then forget about.  That hasn't been the case.  This blog has led me to an immense knowledge of other cool websites and people, technology tools and terms, and a form of self-expression that I just didn't have when I got started.

Back in the Spring I said when I hit 1000 posts that was going to be the end of things here.  After a conversation with Ross a couple weeks ago, I guess I'll keep going.  If for the only reason that this is the only documentation I've got of my family.  Of my boys growing up and being funny and cute, and annoying.  Of our family events, and my random thoughts about the world at large.

Back when I started, it was only the two of us.
philadelphia christmas 123

There have been a lot of changes in two years just in our little family
IMGP8621

and my family at large.
IMGP9203

Besides my hair color and length, and some added weight, and life changing events like kids and jobs and all that stuff that goes with having a family and being a parent, things seem about the same.

except for all that stuff.

1000 posts ago my brother was a baby and now he's a sophomore that played in his first varsity football game before he even attended one day of high school.

One of my babies started preschool today and the other has bronchitis. 1000 posts ago, neither of them were a glimmer in anyone's eye.

In 1000 posts I've got from being a "career woman" to a mom who struggles to work from home - fighting every day to keep my priorities straight, my head clear, and my children loved.

In 1000 posts I've become the cook, the photographer, and the "documenter" of life. My husband takes good care of us and is a better dad then I ever thought he could be - and I was pretty sure he'd be a good one.

photo.jpg

Looking ahead - I'm not sure that there are another 5 and a half years in me here. The older my kids get, the less inclined I am to write about them all the time. Maybe a shift is in order or maybe in the next little while it's time for retirement.

Who knows, but for now things will continue. As Ferris Beuhler once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you dont' stop and look around, you could miss it."

And without this blog, I think I might.

5 comments:

fivewoods said...

I say keep posting!!!!!

Unknown said...

Very Cool Annie - 1000 posts. To think I was there when it all started.

Bing Math said...

Keep blogging. If nothing else, you ARE documenting your life. Print your blurb books and you are instantly a family historian and journal writer.

Jared and Kendra said...

That Ferris Buehler quote should be posted in the almanacs of history. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jared and Kendra said...

I tried to come by Shavy Jones about 3 weeks ago but couldn't find it ( I was thinking 13400 south instead of the street it's really on). Anyway, I don't think you would have been there because as I later found out, it was the weekend you went on your cabin vacation.

We will find a time sometime to come by. We enjoy reading your blog - say hi to Ross for me. Jared.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails