Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Squirt:: 15 months

photo.jpg

Hello Little Chickie -

Today you are exactly 15 months old.

You are funny and make me laugh. You sing and dance and pull crazy faces. You follow your brother around and love him so much that even when he tries to knock you down, trip you, and take your toys, you still laugh and give him hugs.

I love spending time with you. You make my heart happy.

In the last month you've had more ear infections (sorry), have four new teeth (grand total: 12) and have been a little irritable, though I can't say I blame you. You've been on your first boat ride and tried to jump in the lake, took Miss Molly to the zoo for her first trip and you rode on the zoo train, which most definitely made your day. You stood and danced the entire 5 minute ride.

Zoo with our favorite people

In the last couple of weeks you've figured out how to go down the stairs, though I'm scared every time you do it. You have also figured out how to climb onto everything. For some silly reason I thought we'd bypass climbing but I was wrong. If I cannot find you, you've climbed up on your brothers bed and are jumping around like a monkey. Or, you're in my bathroom doing some major damage standing on the foot stool getting into everything.

The other day, your brother and I were in the living room and you were in the kitchen. I left you alone because I was sure you were just getting silverware out of the drawer that's at your height. Next thing I knew, you were paying me a visit with a steak knife, clenching the blade in your fist. I panicked a bit not sure how I was going to get it from you without you cutting yourself, but you gave the knife up to me. Once I had it in my hand, I said, "Show me where you got that," because I had no idea you could reach the highest drawer where the knives are stored. Silly me - you didn't get it out of the drawer. You pushed a little red chair over to the counter top, climbed up and got it. It was the knife we'd cut our strawberries with for breakfast.

Stunts like that kiddo are going to be the end of me.

photo.jpg

You are getting to be a better eater these days, trying new foods and you haven't gagged or puked for a good two weeks. Yeah. You have even, almost, figured out how to use a fork.  That's pretty cool.  You have however, managed to convince your dad (finally) that every once in a while, picky eaters are born, and you are their king. As long as the food placed before you is sweet or salty, you're game. Or a french fry. Some days I think all you'll eat is french fries. Uncle Willie has survived on french fries and bread for 15 years, maybe you can too.

photo.jpg

We've spent our whole summer hanging out at Shavy Jones. I think that you've probalby figured out how to shave ice and you've definitely figured out how to eat it. Oh, can you eat ice - and dump it out, and splash in it. Minus trying to pick up ants and eat dirt when were at the patio, your summer of ice has been a roaring success.

As always little boy, I love you. I don't know what I would do without you and your kisses and hugs and dancing and laughing.

If it's okay though, I'd like you to stop trying to pick my nose.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails