Tuesday, September 28, 2010

letting go...just a little

Let's be honest here, folks.  I'm an uptight individual.  Not rigid or uncaring - but I like rules and structure and functionality and planning.  Lists rule my life - sometimes even lists of lists.  I vacuum a lot.  I've had dreams about my Dyson.

Not really.  Just seeing if you're still with me.

Yesterday was hot.  The boys and I were tired and a tad bit on the grumpy side.  We went outside to sweat.  Remember that Indian Summer I was talking about?  It was in full force yesterday.

Now, the super uptight mom would have stayed outside 5 minutes, decided it was to hot, and drug the boys back in the house to the basement.

Yesterday though - uptight list mom disappeared long enough for some good old fashioned playing in the sprinklers time.

The boys got soaked.  I got soaked.  My camera got soaked.  Chickie fell and stubbed his toe - but in the stubbing sort of trimmed his toenail so it was a win/win for everyone.

We had fun.

We were happy.

We had a great day.

IMGP9309

IMGP9308

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails