Thursday, September 09, 2010

One of those days

photo.jpg

On one side of my house right now there is blue sky and sun. On the other side of my house right now there is gray sky and wind.

Weather, just make up your mind already and let us get on with our day. It's driving my brain absolutely wonky-bonkers.

I don't get "Mad Men". I've never seen it. I don't know what it is about. I don't even know what channel it's on. I don't understand why all the blogs of all the crafty and creative women that I read are obsessed with the show, have parties about the show and follow their favorite characters on twitter.

Today, I really want to make cookies but I haven't yet. Why? I've been working. Doing a bunch of stuff I really don't want to do anymore. I want a new job. Anyone out there got any ideas for me? Something creative perhaps, where I get to do my own thing? Something food related? Something challenging that stimulates my brain? Something academic or educational where I just get to be in charge and don't have to really report to anyone? If you've got any ideas then I'm all ears.

My kids have been sick now for 7 weeks. Ear infections, bronchial infections, more ear infections, wheezing...you name it. The chick did three rounds of three different antibiotics and Elliott is just about to finish his first. Add inhalers and steroids, and lung enhancing medication and all the whining and crying and coughing and lap sitting (which I like) that comes along with being sick and I've lost it. I'm tired of little people coughing in my face and crying until they puke.

I might be depressed.

Prozac?

xanex?

Yes, please!

Sometimes, I envy people who just really don't seem to have that much going on. The people who don't seem too busy and have time to go to dinner and the movies and dink around. And take naps.  And watch Mad Men (huh?).

Oh wait! Most of those people don't have kids.

Duh!

3 comments:

Codi said...

I don't have time to nap but I do make time every week to dvr Mad Men! It is AMAZING and if you gave it a shot I know you'd love it. Or maybe not.

Sorry about the sick boys.

Melanie said...

I don't know how you've handled sick kids for that long. The 3 weeks Hyrum was sick was more than I could handle.

And, I love Mad Men. I don't dress like the women, nor do I throw or attend themed parties, but I like the show.

It's on AMC.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

You are so silly. I don't watch Mad Men either. At least Glee comes back soon.

You should do something creative! I know you could do it. I want you to start a party catering business.

I need to tell you about the newest crazy thing I'm involved with .... talk about getting in over your head!

Don't stress. You're a great mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails